Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
DNA200 Box ModMaker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
I designed this DNA200 box mod to be modular so parts can be assembled and then placed into the chassis. I found the reference case from Evolv to be impossible to assemble once the electronics and hardware were put together. After printing, parts should all fit snug but not so snug that you need a lot of force to put it together. Each part has a .5mm chamfer around the bottom edges to reduce 'elephants foot' and sharp corners.
Assembly should be self explanatory. But I found it easiest to do it in this order:
1. Tape the LCD screen in place with the ribbon facing the fire button.
2. Put the buttons in their places.
3. Unlock the ZIF socket on the DNA200
4. Gently bend the LCD ribbon 180 degrees so its out of the way of the fire button while you mount the DNA200 to the face plate.
5. Use a toothpick (nothing conductive) to carefully insert the LCD ribbon into the ZIF socket and lock it in place.
THE RIBBON IS VERY SENSITIVE TO SHARP ANGLES. BE SURE NOT TO PINCH IT OR BEND IT TOO SHARPLY. Printed in .1mm layers using PLA. Total cost to put one of these together would probably be around $120. Any feedback or tips for improvement are welcome.
Materials and methods
- DNA200 board + LCD screen
- 900mAh Fullymax Lipo
- Fatdaddyvapes low profile V4 510
- Minimum 16ga (14ga recommended) silicone insulated wire for output
-5 x M1.6 5mm machine screw (or better self threading screws of same size)
-Double Sided foam tape (for the battery)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.