Microsoft LifeCam VX-500 - VX-700 camera adapter
Custom mount for Microsoft LifeCam VX-500 webcam.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This is an custom mount for an old Microsoft LifeCam VX-500. It should also be compatible with the VX-700.
It can be mounted on the webcam with the following steps (see images for more help):
- Remove the only screw of the clamp
- Push the two pins out of their slots
- Completely remove the two pins
- Separate the two parts
- Remove the rubbers fits from the clamp
- Fit them on the printed adapter
- Push back the pins (be careful: they are not exactly round, the holes on the pins should be 180° to the camera)
- Screw back the cover
Materials and methods
Printed on a Creality Ender 5 with PETG @ 240°C/90°C. PLA should be fine though.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.