Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Ornament Customizable Lithopane!
Make the perfect gift for Grandma! Use any image and make your one-of-a-kind ornament for use with standard holiday light sets! How cool is that?Art
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
You can make your own ornaments following my instructions or you can download and print the STL files I have uploaded. For best results be sure to read my image prep notes!
Please share any designs you make, I love seeing what others do with this design.
For those interesting in customizing, I have made it possible for you to choose one of three methods:
1. (web only) Upload your image file and make other choices such as size, thickness, etc to the customizer page I have created for you here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:189268
2. (web+Local Computer) - 1st turn your image file into a dat file using this free web page (no account needed) http://customizer.makerbot.com/image_surface , 2nd use my openSCAD file which imports the dat file and makes your ornament STL.
3. (local computer 100%) 1st turn your image file into PGM file, 2nd run the python script to make this a dat file, 3rd use my openSCAD file which imports the dat file and makes your ornament STL.
- If you are using words in your image, make sure to reverse/mirror the image before making the ornament so the letters will not look backwards.
- To you help print in different colors I made a plastic opacity test print. See instructions for more details.
- I have some detailed IMAGE PREP NOTES - THEY SHOW HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULTS in my instructable here:
Materials and methods
- 3D printer
- Holiday Light Set
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.