Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Rotating Bowling Ball Cup
Easily clean your bowling ball with this uniquely designed rotating ball cup.Maker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike
Commercial use is not allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
- 3/04/2019 - added a new base Version2 file that replaces the original base file and eliminates the need for the bearing retainer component. This greatly simplifies the design. Just insert the skate bearing from the bottom of the new base now.
- The small hole in the ball cup along with the four small holes in the base provide for a pin to be placed through the holes providing stationary use of the ball cup.
- If the nut seems too tight, scale it by about 1.008% in Cura or your slicing software when generating the GCODE.
- There is only one ball bearing spacer defined in the .stl file. You should flip the spacer over on its flat side and create 7 copies in Cura prior to generating the GCODE.
- The Base, Ball Cup and Ball Bearing Spacers should be printed with 30% infill. All other components should be printed at 100% infill.
Links to the site to purchase the skate and ball bearings:
You could also attach a base plate to the top and use it as a "Lazy Susan"
Comments welcome and appreciated.
Materials and methods
- Printed parts
- 608Z Ball Bearing (this is a standard skate bearing obtainable at sporting good stores)
- (8) 1/4 inch Ball Bearing (You may also find these at Home Improvement Stores)
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.