Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
CD Mounted Phone Holder
A phone holder that can be mounted in your car's CD playerMaker/DIY
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
This phone holder can be mounted in your car's useless CD player.
Note that you may need to disable your CD player otherwise it'll think that you're putting a disc into it.
I've also included a .dwg file of every component in in case adjustments need to be made to fit your car or device.
Materials and methods
- No supports, 30% infill.
- Parts should be oriented correctly, but make sure the side with the most flat area is face down.
- I don't recommend PLA, as the summer heat will warp everything.
- 8 8mm M3 bolts
- 4 M3 washers
- 6 8mm M3 threaded inserts
- 2 M3 nuts
- Use a soldering iron to heat up two of the inserts, and press them through the bottom-most holes on each side of the backplate such that the flange of the insert is on the back of the plate.
- Attach the cup to those two inserts with the bolts.
- Determine the height you want the holder to sit at, and then press the remaining inserts into both sides the backplate such that the flanges of the inserts are on the front of the plate.
- Attach both mounts to each set of inserts with washers and bolts.
- Slide the CD insert between the mounts, line up the holes, and then use the last nuts and bolts to fasten them together.
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.