Thanks for downloading!
We'd love to hear from you if the print was successful.
Ultimaker Original cable chain
Remix of Robert´s UM2 cable chain to fit to an UMO. Ported from Thingiverse :-)3D printer parts and enhancements
Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
Commercial use is allowed, you must attribute the creator, you may remix this work and the remixed work should be made available under this license.
As I would like to use the great cable chain designed by Robert also on my Ultimaker original, I made this remix of his design (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker2-cable-chain).
Chain parts are the same, a new bottom and top end was needed.
Also the original parts are a bit too big for the space in the UM between platform and stepper, so I scaled the parts down to 75% (enough space for the heater and termistor wiring).
Dim3nsioneer installed the chain on his UM original and modified it to give a better fit:
"However I had to modify the bed end part (yellow). With the original design, the radius for the chain segments was too small. Thus, I added 10mm on the bed end part and also moved the screw bore by these 10mm in order to get a larger radius for the chain segments. It works nice this way..."
Thank you for sharing the part - I included it into this package.
Materials and methods
- 1 pc. of bottom end with 5pc. of lids
- Print as much pc. of chain segment and same amount of lids as you need (at my setup, 10 pc. needed)
- 1 pc. of top end with 1pc. of lids
- Clean everything as it should work as smooth as possible and assamble the whole chain
- Mount the bottom end to the rear plywood, in a way the platform can move without problems using screws or double sided tape
- Mount the top end by using the lowest screw of the arm assambly
Place the cables in the chain and close it with the lids
Issues are used to track todos, bugs or requests. To get started, you could create an issue.